EPiServer CMS is generally deployed on a Windows Server family OS, but developers such as myself often find it more convenient to run on XP.
Installing the latest stable build (4.61) on XP proved problematic though - once installed I couldn't log into the admin area no matter what authentication method I tried. Further testing showed that the account wasn't even being checked by EPiServer.
The solution, after much time spent trawling the web, was to delete the "Guest" account that was setup on my laptop.
Quite why this should have caused a problem I'm still not sure of, but EPiServer should add that information to their install documentation!
- Airline Entertainment company iPad app
- London Web Summit 2012
- Highly charged viral Facebook campaign
- Celerity now runs on solar power
- Joomla site management
- Large corporate site build with content population
- Our office now has a wood stove!
- Templating for Mailshots
- Energy usage at Celerity
- Templating work for Contact Lens site